In 1979 Thalian Association Community Theatre established the Youth Theatre program dedicated to the enrichment of arts education for our community’s youth.
What we offer:
• Five fully realized productions annually with auditions open to performers ages 7 through 18 or high school seniors.
• Productions aligned with the N.C. Essential Standards in Theater Arts & N.C. Common Core
• Teacher Resources for Productions and Free Preview Night Tickets for Educators
• Academy classes and workshops aligned with the National Standards for Arts Education.
• Opportunities for children and young people, to learn from professional artists & technicians who are leaders in their fields, onstage & behind the curtain.
• Academy Scholarships
• Parents Organization
• Community Outreach Classes
• Collaboration with other non-profit organizations and schools
• Weekly Scholarship classes at the Community Boys and Girls Club & the Brigade Boys & Girls Club, the Girls Leadership Academy of Wilmington, and the YWCA
• Special school performances from the Youth Theatre season for the students of A. H. Snipes Academy of Arts & Design, The International School at Gregory, Sunset Park Elementary, and Bellamy Elementary
• Sensory Friendly performances for children in NHCS Specially Designed Academics program.
• Special performances at local festivals, civic club meetings, community organizations and schools.
Why We Do What We Do:
We want to turn out great theatre artists but also great doctors, lawyers, bankers & teachers. By teaching volunteerism, civic engagement and character through annual Service Learning projects, we also develop collaborative & thoughtful members of our community. We are proud of our students and honored by our alumni.
Grease – June 6-8; 13 & 15, 2014
David Loudermilk, Director